Surveys the critical issues discussed in the field, pointing out how each issue has been approached from several theoretical perspectives.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins :
I. BASIC ISSUES.1. Introduction to Alcohol and the History of Its Use.
2. Alcohol Use, Abuse, and Alcoholism: Definitions and Typologies/Models.
3. Scope of the Problem.
4. The Effects of Alcohol on the Body.
II. THEORY.5. Physiological/Genetic Theories of Alcoholism.
6. Psychological Theories: Predispositional.
7. Psychological Theories: Social Learning.
8. Sociocultural Factors in Alcohol Use and Abuse.
III. INTERVENTION, TREATMENT, AND PREVENTION.9. Intervention, Assessment, and Individual Treatment.
10. Alcohol and the Family: Family Therapy.
11. Group Therapy.
12. Alcoholics Anonymous.
13. Prevention and Intervention.
- Data Publicarii : 1994
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 324
- ISBN : 9780130198785