For undergraduate courses on Chinese or Asian Politics.This text addresses 7 major issues that have plagued the Chinese system since the communist takeover in 1949. In analyzing these issues, the book uses an overarching theme-the interaction of 3 variables: political, developmental, and cultural-to understand the complex and diverse elements of Chinese politics.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins : (NOTE: Each chapter concludes with Notes.)
1. A Framework for Understanding Chinese Politics Since 1949.
2. The Historical and Cultural Context.
3. The People's Republic of China in Search of its Goals, 1949- 1991.
4. Economic Development: The Conflict between Socialist and Developmental Objectives.
5. Socialist Democracy.
6. Socialist Legality and Social Control.
7. Class and Class Struggle: Is China United or Divided?
8. Leadership and Reform: Down with Feudalism (and with Socialism)!
9. Education and Socialist Political Culture.
10. The Meaning of Socialism in China in the 1990s.
- Data Publicarii : 1995
- Editie : 3
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 352
- ISBN : 9780131785915