The Contemporary Curriculum: K-8 provides a comprehensive and cutting edge examination of the latest curricula and instructional strategies for the most effective teaching. It presents a thorough discussion of the subject areas included in today's K-8 programs with special emphasis on parent/family/community involvement, technology, trends and issues, and curriculum for special needs students. This practical text is highly readable and engaging, aiding readers in understanding how society, political processes, the multicultural nature of the student population and school restructuring influences the modern curriculum. Specific instructional curriculum models, relevant examples and abundant illustrations from school districts and teachers across the United States help readers comprehend how curriculum theory is translated to everyday practice. Four major recurring themes-multiculturalism, student-centered teaching and learning, parent-community involvement, and an integrated approach-distinguish The Contemporary Curriculum: K-8 from competing texts. Essential pedagogical features make the text user- friendly, promoting student interest, involvement, and study.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins :
I. STUDENTS AND CURRICULUM.1. ??
2. Students, Their Development and the Curriculum.
3. Students, Learning and the Curriculum.
II. THE CONTEMPORARY CURRICULUM K-8.4. Curriculum Theory and Development.
5. Curriculum and Instructional Processes.
6. Deciding What to Teach.
8. Evaluating Curriculum and Instruction.
9. Literacy: Reading and the Language Arts.
10. Creative Arts.
11. The Social Studies.
12. Science and Mathematics in the Contemporary Curriculum.
13. Health and Physical Education.
14. The Curriculum for Students with Special Needs.
15. Contemporary Curriculum Trends and Issues.
16. Technology in the Contemporary Curriculum.
17. Parent Involvement--A Process Whose Time Has Come.
- Data Publicarii : 1993
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 544
- ISBN : 9780205145232