LLB courses in universities (Foundation subject) and CPE/Diploma courses (core subject). University of London (External) LLB. ILEX courses (para-legals).Postgraduate LLMs in contract law. This major new textbook on contract law is arranged around a transactional analysis. This brings into clearer focus two important episodes in the life of a contract - the negotiation phase and the modification phase. These two episodes are either neglected or examined in a piecemeal way by traditional doctrinally arranged texts. Throughout the book the transactional approach is informed by contextual, empirical and theoretical writing. It also discusses in depth other parts of the law of obligations (e.g. restitution, tort and estoppel) where they impinge on its subject. Overall, this is an original, challenging, academically oriented but also practically satisfying text for modern contract courses, reflecting modern economic reality.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins : 1. Introduction: Overview of the book; History of Contract Law; The Basis of a Contract; The Law of Contract or Contracts?; The Law of Obligations; The Real World; Europe and Beyond.
PART I: THE NEGOTIATION STAGE
2. The Objective Test of Agreement; Estoppel by Convention; Proprietary Estoppel; Misrepresentation.
PART II: THE BIRTH OF A CONTRACT
Section A. Formation: The Positive Requirements.
3. Agreement: Offer and Acceptance
4. Consideration and its Substitutes
5. Form; Intention to Create Legal Relations; Certainty
Section B. Formation: Negative Factors.
6. Illegality in Formation
7. Non-Agreement Mistakes
Section C. Personnel.
8. Capacity: Minors Contracts
9. Third Parties; Privity; Benefits; The Rule, the Exceptions and the Subterfuge; Avoidance and Reform; Burdens, Land, Tort and Bailment.
PART III: THE LIFE OF A CONTRACT
Section A. Content.
10. Express and Implied Terms
11. Exclusion Clauses
Section B. Adaption.
12. Modification of
- Data Publicarii : 2001
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 592
- ISBN : 9780582086470