Appropriate for final year undergraduate students in Business and Management Studies and Masters. Also relevant for middle and senior managers, and people working as consultants. The aim of this book is to help the student gain a critical understanding of the core debates in strategy and change. After an exploration of the dominant approaches to strategy, the way in which these approaches relate to change is examined. By exploring how individuals respond to, and understand their own organizations, the authors introduce the concept of management mind sets, which are influenced by the dominant culture of the organisation, to discover how they influence strategic formula and responses to change. Other radical approaches to strategy are also examined.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins : PART I: ISSUES IN STRATEGY AND CHANGE
2. The Rationalist Approach to Strategy and Change.
3. Culture and Change Management: Essential Debate or Essentially a Digression?
5. The Individual and the Organization in Times of Change.
6. The Management of Power in Strategy and Change.
PART II: NEW APPROACHES TO CHANGE: THE CONTRIBUTION OF THEORY
7. Critical Theory and Constructivism.
8. Implications of Postmodernism for Strategy and Change.
9. Complexity and Change.
PART III: LINKING CHANGE TO CURRENT THEMES
10. Change and New Organisational Forms.
11. Change, Ethics and Ecology: The Moral Dimension.
PART IV: HOW DOES IT ALL HAPPEN?
12. Choices in Change.
13. Change Through the Strategic Recipe and Change Through Understanding.
14. Action Research and Whole Systems Interventions: Two Change Methodologies with Promise.
16. New Directions in Strategy and Change.
- Data Publicarii : 2002
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 360
- ISBN : 9780273646754