A clear and concise guide to the Eastern Question - the problem facing the European states of how to react to the decline of the Ottoman Empire. A L MacFie's study shows how the question was a major factor in shaping the policies of all the major powers from the Russo-Turkish War of 1768-74 down to the Treaty of Lausanne in 1923.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins : Part One:Introduction.
1. The Eastern Question.
2. The Ottoman Empire and the Great Powers in the Eighteenth Century.
Part Two Analysis
3. The French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars 1792 - 1815.
4. The Greek War of Independence,
5. Mehmet Ali and the Egyptian Question 1832 - 41.
6. The Crimean War 1853 - 56.
7.The Eastern Crisis 1875 - 78.
8.The Eastern Question 1878 - 1914.
9. The First World War 1914 - 18.
10. The Peace Settlement 1918 - 23.
Part Three: Assessment
11. The Great Powers and the Ottoman Empire.
12. The Aftermath.
Part Four: Documents.
- Data Publicarii : 1996
- Editie : 2
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 152
- ISBN : 9780582291959