This introductory survey sets out to explain why and how western Europe built up its postwar prosperity and is moving towards continental integration. Themes covered include the origins of the EEC; consumerism, youth culture and protest; immigration; and the oil crisis and its aftermath.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins : Preface,
1. The Reconstruction Challenge: Western Europe, 1945-c.1952.
2. The Northern Industrial Core: Britain, France, and Germany 1945-c. 1960.
3. Contrasts on the Fringe: The Nordic Countries and the Mediterranean South 1945-1960.
4. Towards the European Economic Union 1945-1995.
5. The Society of Success: Consumerism, Youth Culture and Protest 1945-1970.
6. The New Europeans: Immigration, Immigrants and Their Descendants.
7. The New Climate of External Events: (1) The Oil Crisis, 1973, and (2) The Collapse of European Communism, 1989-1991.
8. National Problems and Progress: Germany, France and Britain since the 1960s.
9. The Benelux Countries: Modernisation through Association, 1945-1995.
10. Progress and Problems on the Western European Fringe since the 1960s.
11. Western European Society since 1970.
12. Conclusion. Bibliography. Index
- Data Publicarii : 1996
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 400
- ISBN : 9780582236455