For graduate-level courses in Introduction to Educational Administration, Problem Solving for Administrators, School Law, the Principalship.Designed to help students analyze the processes by which decisions are made, focus on legal, ethical and career-altering issues, and sharpen their own decision-making skills, this casebook explores the problems confronting school administrators at all levels and in a variety of settings. The cases and a variety of pre- and post-case questions and activities encourage students to examine their own assumptions, beliefs, values, and administrative style.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins :
I. THE DAILY PROBLEMS OF AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PRINCIPAL.1. The Ridiculed Child: The Social Problems of Parent and Child.
2. Distribution of Supplies: Intra-staff Friction.
3. Scheduling: Integrating New Personnel into a School.
4. Establishing a Discipline Policy: Determining a Process for Making Significant Decisions.
5. Head Lice: Eliminating Infection while Minimizing Disruption.
6. Billy: Dealing with a Bully.
7. The Proposed Expansion: Determining the Best Possible Educational Outcome while Considering Costs.
8. Samantha: A Conflict of Values.
9. The Teacher's Room Rumor Mill: Dealing with Damaged Reputations.
10. Prioritizing: How to Manage a Full Day's Problems in a Half Hour.
11. The Breakfast Program: State vs. School Board.
12. Parents Make a Choice: Selecting a Curriculum.
13. The Faculty Comes to You For Advice: Seeing Problems through the Eyes of a Teacher Again.
II. THE DAILY PROB
- Data Publicarii : 1996
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 133
- ISBN : 9780133526356