Feminist Perspectives on Politics considers how feminist perspectives have considerably broadened the scope of what is considered 'political'. Themes and issues covered range from nineteenth century debates around women's equality and liberation, to twentieth century arguments and activities towards gaining a more nuanced understanding of women's differences and diversity. ' Difference' remains a key term in contemporary feminisms, and the author examines debates engendered from women's liberation politics to open up discussion of Black feminisms, lesbian politics and disabled feminist agendas. Formal political participation and the impact of women's movement politics are assessed in global comparisons as are the debates surrounding discourses on 'development' and transnational politics, and the influence of women at local, national and international levels. The book will be essential reading for students at all levels across the fields of Politics, Women's Studies, Sociology, History, Cultural Studies, Political Economy and 'Development' Studies more generally (such as in studies concerned with anti-racism, gender, social policy and the history of ideas within educational institutions, local government and voluntary organisations)
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins :
- Early Feminist Political Theory and Women's Activism.
- Socialist Thinking on Women's Liberation and Women's Activism.
- Political Participation and Campaigns.
- Black Feminist Critiques.
- Lesbian Political Thinking.
- Case Study of Women's Situation Within Socialist Context.
- Case Study of Politics of Resistance Against Male Violence.
- International Feminist Thinking and Campaigns.
- Women in Politics - Formal Arenas and Informal Networks.
- Conclusion: Drawing Together Threads of Change
- Data Publicarii : 1999
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 296
- ISBN : 9780582356382