Students of business and management are expected to have basic numerical skills from GCSE maths. Often, these skills are forgotten in the two years or so between GCSE maths and the commencement of a degree. The aim of this text is to help students bridge the gap between school and university and to ensure that not only are the appropriate quantitative skills developed, but also that the student develops an understanding of the role of QM in a modern business environment. The text uses diagrams, illustrations and graphs from the real world to illustrate the application of techniques. Examples of output from common business software (Lotus, SuperCalc, Minitab etc) are included.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins : Introduction.
1. Tools of the Trade.
2. Data Collection and Data Sources.
3. Tables in Business.
4. Business Diagrams.
5. Business Diagrams: Histograms.
6. Management Statistics.
7. Dealing with Uncertainty in Business.
8. The Principles of Market and Statistical Inference.
9. Business Mathematics: Linear Equations and Graphs.
10. Business Mathematics: Simple Linear Regression.
11. Business Forecasting: Simple Linear Regression.
12. Business Forecasting: Time Series Analysis.
13. Business Mathematics: Financial Decisions.
Appendix 1: Solutions to Self Review Questions.
Appendix 2: Binomial Distribution.
Appendix 3: Normal Distribution.
- Data Publicarii : 1996
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 512
- ISBN : 9780273607656