For undergraduate courses in Human Ecology, Environmental Studies, Ecological Anthropology, and Human Geography.Presenting general ecological principles followed by discussions of the human aspects of the problem, the goal of this text is to present the fundamentals of ecology and its application to humans. This text takes an integrated approach to human ecology, blending biological ecology with social sciences approaches.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins :
I. INTRODUCTION.1. Evolution: Then and Now.
2. Basic Concepts of Ecology.
3. Approaches to Human Ecology.
II. POPULATION.4. Population Ecology.
5. The Human Population.
III. STRESSORS.6. Stress and Environmental Physiology.
7. Human Adaptation to Cold and Heat.
8. Adaptation to Altitude, High Activity, and Other Physical Stressors.
9. Adaptation to Biotic Stressors: Malnutrition and Infectious Disease.
10. Modernization, Stress, and Chronic Disease.
IV. RESOURCE ACQUISITION.11. Resources and Community Ecology.
12. Biomes and Human Populations.
13. Ecological Energetics.
14. Human Adaptation and Energy Flow.
15. Nutrient Cycling in Ecosystems.
16. Human Populations and Nutrient Cycles.
17. Optimization Models in Human Ecology.
V. CONCLUSION.18. Human Ecology and the Ecology of Humans.
- Data Publicarii : 1998
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 503
- ISBN : 9780133151770