For junior/senior/first-year graduate courses in Gas Dynamics or Compressible Flow, in departments of mechanical engineering or aerospace engineering. In print for over 30 years, this classic text's Third Edition offers many new features and enhancements that result in a stronger, more comprehensive treatment. It aims to foster a deeper understanding of compressible flow and gas dynamics fundamentals. Material is presented in a manner that helps bridge the gap between sophomore- or junior-level courses in thermodynamics and fluid mechanics, as well as advanced courses in propulsion, turbo-machinery, energy conversion, advanced fluid mechanics, and advanced aerodynamics.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins :
1. Basic Equations of Compressible Flow.
2. Wave Propagation in Compressible Media.
3. Isentropic Flow of a Perfect Gas.
4. Stationary Normal Shock Waves.
5. Moving Normal Shock Waves.
6. Oblique Shock Waves.
7. PR and TL Meyer Flow.
8. Applications involving Shocks and Expansion Fans.
9. Flow with Friction.
10. Flow with Heat Addition or Heat Loss.
11. Equations of Motion for Multidimensional Flow.
12. Linearized Flow.
13. Methods of Characteristics.
14. Computational Gas Dynamics.
15. Special Topics in Gas Dynamics.
16. Measurement in Compressible Flow.
- Data Publicarii : 2006
- Editie : 3
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 688
- ISBN : 9780132023313