Health Policy and the NHS provides a thorough and up-to-date review of the changes in the structure and organisation of the health service. It focuses on how sucessive governments have approached problems of health care, their policy assumptions and the economic and political context of their decision making. Divided into four parts the text considers in turn: the foundations and framework of the NHS, policy issues within the NHS that dominated the government's policy agenda until the late 1980s, health and society and the critiques of health policy which developed in the late 1970s and 1980s, and new directions for health policy in the future.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins : List of figures and tables.
Part 1: Reshaping the personal social services.
1. Overview of the personal social services.
2. Seebohm: family-based treatment in the welfare services.
3. Consumerism versus empowerment; the quasi-markets of social care.
Part 2: Services for children and families
5. Children and young people.
Part 3: Adults' Services.
6. Community care.
7. Mental health and disability.
8. Group care.
Part 4: Criminal and youth justice services.
9. Criminal justice.
10. Youth justice.
Part 5: Future prospects.
11. Future of the personal social services.
Part 6: Documents. Acts and inquiry reports.
Figures and tables
- Data Publicarii : 1995
- Editie : 2
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 384
- ISBN : 9780582042797