For undergraduate- and graduate-level Hospitality Human Resource Management courses. Written from a practitioners perspective, this straightforward and concise textbook introduces the student to the planning, organizing, influencing, and control functions associated with human resource management in hospitality and tourism organizations. The basis of this book is to present students with the knowledge, skills, and abilities that are required to become a middle level manager in the field of hospitality human resources.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins :
I. HOW WE GOT TO WHERE WE ARE.1. Hospitality Human Resource Management: An Overview.
2. H.R. Dichotomy: Do We Serve the Staff or the Shareholders?
3. How the Government Got Involved in our Business.
II. NOW THAT WE ARE HERE; WHAT DO WE DO?4. The Legal Environment.
5. Employee Relations and Labor Relations.
6. Management Ethics.
7. Protecting Employee Rights.
III. HOW DO WE DO IT?8. Recruitment and Selection Strategies.
9. Training and Development Strategies.
10. Employee Retention Strategies.
11. Performance Management Systems.
12. Communication Strategies.
13. Leadership Strategies.
14. Employee Motivation.
15. Putting it All Together.
- Data Publicarii : 2005
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 256
- ISBN : 9780131100923