This text provides a well-paced, mathematically sound and motivating foundation in 'applicable' mathematics. The book aims to give students the ability to think conceptually in mathematical terms by presenting mathematical techniques, together with simple and clear explanations of the concepts behind them. A wide variety of practical engineering examples are used to reinforce the mathematics.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins : 1. Arithmetic.
2. Symbols and Indices.
3. Numbers and Sets.
4. Working with Expressions.
5. Using Formulae.
6. Functions and their Graphs.
7. Common Engineering Functions.
8. Further Properties of Functions and their Graphs.
9. Solving Equations and Inequalities.
10. Angles and their Trigonometric Ratios.
11. Partial Fractions.
13. Logarithms and Exponentials.
14. Triangles and their Solutions Trigonometric Identities and Functions.
15. Engineering Waves.
16. Geometry of the Straight Line.
17. The Conics Section.
19. Sequences and Series.
20. Change and Rates of Change.
21. Some Rules of Differentiation.
22. Integration - the Reverse of Differentiation.
23. Areas under Curves and Definite Integrals.
24. Techniques of Integration.
25. Matrices and Determinants.
27. An Introduction to Complex Numbers.
28. Statistics and Probability.
Appendices: I. SI Units
- Data Publicarii : 1995
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 776
- ISBN : 9780201624427