A collection of critical essays reflecting both older and newer perspectives. Contains an introduction by the editor (a respected scholar in the field), a chronology of the author's life, and an annotated bibliography.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins :
SATIRE AND THE NOVEL.1. John Lawlor, Radical Satire and the Realistic Novel.
TWO VIEWS OF PERSONAE.2. Claude Rawson, Order and Cruelty.
3. Robert C. Elliott, Swift's Satire: Rules of the Game.
ANCIENTS AND MODERNS: A TALE OF A TUB.4. Michael Seidel, Fathers and Sons: Swift's A Tale of a Tub.
5. Marcus Walsh, Text, "Text" , and Swift's A Tale of a Tub.
6. John F. Tinkler, The Splitting of Humanism: Bentley, Swift, and the English Battle of the Books.
POEMS.7. Cristine Rees, Gay, Swift, and the Nymphs of Drury- Lane.
8. Richard Feingold, Swift as a Lyricist: The Poems to Stella and His Career in Satire.
9. Penelope Wilson, Feminism and the Augustans: Some Readings and Problems.
POLITICS.10. Ian Higgins, Swift's Politics: A Preface to Gulliver's Travels.
GULLIVER'S TRAVELS.11. Michael McKeon, Parables of the Younger Son: Swift and the Containment of Desire.
12. Douglas Lane Patey,
- Data Publicarii : 1995
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 307
- ISBN : 9780130912992