This book differs from others on media law by emphasising the increasingly important regulatory and European aspects, giving less prominence to more traditional common law topics. The authors adopt a comparative approach, drawing upon material form the USA and commonwealth jurisdictions, as well as examining relevant aspects of Human Rights law.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins : Table of Cases.
Table of Statutes.
PART I PRINCIPLES OF MEDIA LAW.
1. Fundamental principles of media law.
2. Freedom of the press.
PART II REGULATION OF THE ELECTRONIC AND BROADCASTING MEDIA.
3. Broadcasting structure and regulation.
4. Programme regulation.
6. European broadcasting law.
7. Competition law.
8. International regulation of broadcasting.
9. Media convergence.
PART III CIVIL AND CRIMINAL RESTRICTIONS ON THE MEDIA.
10. The law of defamation.
11. Breach of confidence and privacy.
12. Contempt of court.
13. Restrictions on reporting cases involving children.
14. Privilege not to disclose sources of information.
- Data Publicarii : 2000
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 600
- ISBN : 9780582317192