For junior/senior courses in Elementary School Mathematics Methods and Materials.A new text that focuses on "interactive teaching", a new, more effective technique for helping elementary-school children learn mathematics! This exciting technique is the lynchpin of a fresh approach to teaching mathematics based on the constructivist theory of learning. It uses modeling, manipulatives, and questioning techniques to encourage learners to reason, problem-solve, communicate, and make connections as they think about numbers and space, construct concepts, and develop procedures for solving mathematical problems.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins :
1. New Directions in Elementary School Mathematics.
2. Solving Mathematics Problems in the Elementary School.
3. Learning About Number in the Early School Years.
4. Developing Base Ten and Place-Value Knowledge.
5. Learning the Operations for Whole Numbers.
6. Mastering the Basic Facts.
7. Computation with Whole Numbers.
8. Learning About Fractions.
9. Computing with Fractions.
10. Understanding and Computing with Decimals.
11. Exploring Geometry and Developing Spatial Sense.
12. Measurement Learning: Understanding and Skill.
13. Studying Ratio, Proportion, and Percent.
14. Studying Statistics and Probability.
15. Mathematics for Children with Special Needs.
- Data Publicarii : 1995
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 576
- ISBN : 9780023564512