For introductory, senior/graduate-level courses.Written by a leading authority in the field, this comprehensive text/reference discusses all important aspects ocean environmental management: the important functions of the oceans; the causes of ocean pollution; the effects of pollution on the ocean ecology in physical, biological, and economic terms; some of the preventative and mitigating methods available; regulations and agreements promulgated to control ocean environmental impacts; and approaches for the more effective management of the ocean environment.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins :
1. Environmental and Economic Role of the Oceans.
2. Sources and Magnitude of Ocean Environmental Degradation.
3. Impact of Ocean Environmental Degradation.
4. Physical and Operational Ocean Pollution Prevention, Containment and Clean Up.
5. Ocean Environmental Regulation.
6. Economics of Ocean Environmental Management.
7. Ocean Environmental Management.
8. Future Developments in Ocean Environmental Management.
Appendix A: U.S. Ocean Environmental Regulation.
Appendix B: International Ocean Environmental Convention and Agreements.
Appendix C: London Dumping Convention.
Appendix D: Ocean Mining Technology.
- Data Publicarii : 1995
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 350
- ISBN : 9780131845572