Primary courses: MA/MSc OD, HRD or HRM; IPD postgraduate diploma. The OD and HRD degrees are primarily concerned with change, most of the others will have a change module e.g., organisational change and development, managing change, organisational change. Secondary - professionals: Internal or external organisational change agents. These could be HR professionals, senior managers or external change consultants.Written jointly by practitioners and academics, the book will provide the theoretical underpinnings behind organisational development and practical insights based on real case studies. The first section of the book brings together for the first time, an up-to-date review of current thinking. The middle section comprises a diverse selection of case histories which examine the role of the change agent, both in successes and failures. Throughout, the benefit of reflective practice is encouraged and the commentary accompanying each case history demonstrates what can be learned from this. The cases are taken from a wide range of industries: service, manufacturing, public sector and small business.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins :
PART I: ORGANISATIONAL CHANGE AND DEVELOPMENT: PRACTICE IN CONTEXT.
2. Review of synthesis of context and practice.
3. Managers, trainers and developers as change agents.
4. The pathology of organizational change: a study of UK manager' experiences.
PART II: PRACTITIONER PERSPECTIVES ON ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE AND DEVELOPMENT.
5. The change practitioner: perspective on role, effectiveness, dilemmas and challenges.
6. The complexity - clarity paradox.
PART III: LEARNING ABOUT CHANGE AGENCY FROM THE "REFLECTIONS ON PRACTICE" OF OTHER PRACTITIONERS.
7. Transformational and cultural change.
8. Quality initiatives.
9. Organizational development processes and interventions.
10. Training and development initiatives.
PART IV: REFLECTIONS ON PRACTITIONER PERSPECTIVES AND REFLECTIONS ON PRACTICE.
11. Towards research-based organizational change and development.
12. Change agency p
- Data Publicarii : 2001
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 336
- ISBN : 9780273638865