For courses in Introduction to Law Enforcement.This book provides an historical look at policing followed by an overview of the law enforcement occupation. It is focused on answering: Who are the Police? What do they do? How do they organize themselves to perform their functions? The book closes with a discussion of contemporary issues and the future of policing.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins :
PART 1. PERSPECTIVE ON THE POLICE1. Police: Who Are They?
2. Three Paradigms of Democratic Policing.
3. Foundations of American Law Enforcement.
PART 2. POLICE WORK AT THE STREET LEVEL4. Police Role, Models: Crime Control, Order Maintenance, and Service.
5. Police administration and Organization.
6. Police Line Services: Patrol and Investigation.
7. Staff Functions: Unnoticed But Necessary.
PART 3. CONTEMPORARY ISSUES IN THE PRACTICE OF POLICING.8. Police Professionalism.
9. Ethical Issues: Corruption and Misconduct.
10. Hazards of Police Work.
11. Police Role in Victimless Crimes.
12. Community Interaction.
13. Community Policing.
14. The Future of American Policing.
- Data Publicarii : 1994
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 354
- ISBN : 9780136828655