Appropriate for upper level undergraduate and graduate level courses in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, and Materials Science and Engineering. It is also useful as a reference for Engineers and Chemists working in the synthetic plastics and chemical process industries.This book presents a comprehensive, up-to-date review of the current state of polymer science and technology and emerging areas of growth. In addition to synthetic polymer chemistry, the book also covers the properties of polymers in solutions and in the melt, rubber, and solid states, surveying all important categories of plastics. It includes detailed coverage of both polymer processing principles and the latest polymer applications in a wide range of industries-including medicine, biotechnology, chemicals, and electronics.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins :
Preface to First Edition.
1. Introduction to Polymer Science.
2. Polymer Synthesis.
3. Confirmation, Solutions, and Molecular Weight.
4. Solid-State Properties.
5. Viscoelasticity and Rubber Elasticity.
6. Polymer Degradation and the Environment.
7. Additives, Blends, and Composites.
8. Biopolymers, Natural Polymers, and Fibers.
9. Thermoplastics, Elastomers, and Thermosets.
10. Engineering and Specialty Polymers.
11. Polymer Rheology and Processing.
12. Polymers for Advanced Technologies.
- Data Publicarii : 2003
- Editie : 2
- Format : Hardback
- Numar pagini : 608
- ISBN : 9780130181688