The Practice of Human Resource Strategy explores two areas. The first concerns practical examples of how companies and public sector organisations have achieved business objectives through human resource strategies. This has been achieved by analysing research from different countries including USA, Germany, Japan, France and Sweden. The second deals with the question of the value of theory and its relation to practice and deals with the key strategic issues facing practitioners.The book consists of an introduction to the theoretical issues which sets the context for the series of practical examples which follow. Practitioners present case studies taking the debate a stage further seeking to bring out the relationship between theory and practice. Many of these cases are European and international recognising the global nature of business today.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins :
- Human Resource Management Comes of Age: Strategic Integration.
- Managing Change: NHS and British Airways.
- Employment Policy - the Case of the Burton Group.
- Industrial Relations in Britain.
- Managing Reward Strategy.
- Business Strategy and Management Development - a Symbiotic Relationship.
- Business Education and Business Strategy - a Case Study of a Financial Services Organisation.
- The Relationship Between Management Development and Organisation Development - Lessons from Ethnographic Research.
- Relating Human Resource Activities to Business Strategy.
- HR Strategy in the United States: Examples of Key Issues Identification and Execution.
- Key Issues in HRM in Japan.
- Key Issues in HR Strategy in Germany.
- Strategic Human Resource Management in France: Key Issues.
- Key Issues in Strategic Human Resource Management in the Netherlands.
- HRM in Sweden - a Strategic Challe
- Data Publicarii : 1997
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 368
- ISBN : 9780273628248