As voters throughout the world have become disillusioned with politics and political parties, social movements have emerged as key actors in the promotion of political change. This innovative and important book provides the first ever comparative analysis of three very different types of social movements: the Greens in Germany, Solidarity in Poland, and the Shining Path Movement in Peru.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins : Preface.
Part 1: How we think about Social Movements:
1. Recent Traditions in Social-Movement Theorising.
Part 2: Germany's Green and the Politics of Party Movements:
2. A World to be Remade: Socio-political Circumstances of Green Politics.
3. Political Antecedents.
4. Clashing Shades of Green.
Part 3: : Polands Solidarity and movements against Dictatorial Regimes:
5. A World to be Remade: Socio-political Circumstances of Solidarity.
6. Political Antecedents.
7. Discord within Solidarity.
Part 4: Peru's Shining Path and Agarian-based Movements:
8. A World to be Remade: Socio-political Circumstances of the Shining Path.
9. Political Antecedents.
10.Diverse Directions along the Shining Path.
Part 5: Conclusions:
11. From History to Theory.
- Data Publicarii : 1997
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 288
- ISBN : 9780582209466