Created for junior/senior level courses in Sociology of Aging, or Gerontology in departments of sociology and nursing.A critical yet optimistic analysis of the provision of services to the aged, this timely text offers comprehensive coverage of all aspects of aging in contemporary life and stresses how much can be learned about the aged through cross-cultural comparisons.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins :
1. The Emergence of Aging: An Important Area of Study.
2. Changing Demographics of Aging.
3. Physical and Psychological Aspects of Aging.
4. A Social Psychology of Aging.
5. The Emergence of Social Theories of Old Age.
6. The Aging in Changing Living Situations.
7. The Elderly in the Family.
8. Patterns of Participation of the Aged in the Community.
9. Politics and the Emergence of Policies on Aging.
10. The Extent of Economic Dependency among the Aged.
11. Retirement as a Social Institution and a Process.
12. Health and Health Care for the Aged.
13. The Development and Provision of Long-Term Care for the Aged.
14. Social Service Provision in the Aging Network.
15. Religion as a Vital Aspect of Aging.
16. Dying and Death as Experiences of the Aged.
- Data Publicarii : 1996
- Editie : 2
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 406
- ISBN : 9780134496047