For freshman/sophomore-level courses in Introductory Soil Science or Earth Science. Extensively class-tested, this lab manual provides a hands-on introduction to basic principles of soil science - with a focus on the natural properties and processes that govern soil. Contemporary and practical in perspective, it emphasizes factor analysis throughout and makes extensive use of the World Wide Web for gathering the most up-to-date data. This lab manual will accompany all three of PH's texts: Brady, Miller, and Singer.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins :
Organization of the Laboratory.
1. Introduction to Soils.
2. Minerals, Rocks and Weathering.
3. Soil Texture, Structure and Water Relations.
4. Routine Soil Particle size Analysis.
5. Bulk Density, Particle Density and Porosity of Soil.
6. Field Study of Local Soils.
7. Soil Organic Matter, Humus and Microbial Activity.
8. Soil Testing and Fertilizers.
9. Soil Survey Reports.
10. Soils and the Environment.
11. Salt Affected Soils.
- Data Publicarii : 1999
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 195
- ISBN : 9780130200808