This text covers the fundamental concepts of textile and apparel testing, illustrating the advantage and limitations of these tests. The book discusses the central role of performance specifications in commercial testing efforts and considers the variables that must be controlled to obtain reliable and useful results. Current industry events, ongoing problems, and controversies are emphasized as well. Designed for students familiar with textiles, Textile Product Serviceability focuses on quality control and developmental work that complies with ASTM performance specifications for textile fabrics, as well as AATCC and ASTM testing methods.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins :
I. PRINCIPLES.1. Quality: What Is It and Who Wants It?
2. Standard Specifications.
3. Getting Reliable Test Results.
4. Sampling and Statistics.
5. Overview of Textile Testing.
II. FABRIC TEST METHODS.6. Characterizing a Fabric.
7. Measures of Fabric Strength and Elongation.
8. Abrasion and Wear.
9. Effects of Refurbishing on Textiles and End Products.
10. Colorfastness Tests.
11. Colorfastness Tests for End Use Exposure Conditions.
13. Absorbency and Repellency.
14. Comfort, Hand, and Drape.
APPENDICES.A. Testing Equipment.
B. Fabric Selection.
C. Specimen Preparation.
- Data Publicarii : 1991
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- ISBN : 9780023805653