The Art of Control Engineering provides a refreshingly new and practical treatment of the study of control systems. The opening chapters assume no prior knowledge of the subject and are suitable for use in introductory courses. The material then progresses smoothly to more advanced topics such as nonlinear systems, Kalman filtering, robust control, multivariable systems and discrete event controllers. Taking a practical perspective, the text demonstrates how the various techniques fit into the overall picture of control and stresses the ingenuity required in choosing the best tool for each job and deciding how to apply it. The most important topics are revisited at appropriate levels throughout the book, building up progressively deeper layers of knowledge. The Art of Control Engineering is an essential core text for undergraduate degree courses in control, electrical and electronic, systems and mechanical engineering. Its broad, practical coverage will also be very useful to postgraduate students and practising engineers.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins :
1. Introduction To Control System Modelling.
2. System Response, Stability And Performance.
3. Single-Input Single-Output Design.
4. State-Space And Digital Control.
5. 'On-Off' Control And Practical Control Devices.
6. 'True' Digital Controllers.
7. System Identification And Modelling.
8. Observers And State Estimation.
9. Multivariable Systems In The Frequency Domain.
10. Adaptive And Self-Tuning Control.
11. Optimal Control.
12. Nonlinear Systems.
- Data Publicarii : 1997
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 832
- ISBN : 9780201175455