An exploration of Cromwell's government and the political experimentation of the 1650s. Concise and accessible, it does full justice to a decade of momentous upheavals which had a permanent effect on British politics.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins : Part One: The Background
1. England in 1649.
2. The army and Oliver Cromwell.
Part Two: Descriptive Analysis
3. The Rule of the Rump Parliament.
4. The First Phase of Godly Rule: The Barebones Parliament of 1653.
5. The First Phase of Healing and Settling: The Protectorate.
6. The Second Phase of Godly Rule: The Major-Generals 1655-1656.
7. The Second Phase of Healing and Settling: The Lord Protector 1656-1658.
8. Epilogue: Towards the Restoration of Charles II. Part Three: Assessment
9. The Impact of the Regime.
Part Four: Documents.
- Data Publicarii : 14 Nov 1997
- Editie : 2 Rev ed
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 120
- ISBN : 9780582080034