This study examines the international power politics of Renaissance and Reformation Europe and the underlying forces that shaped them. It provides a broad narrative of European politics and its impact on diplomacy including the Italian Wars 1494 - 1559, the French Wars of Religion, the Reformation and Counter-Reformation, and pays particular attention to the relations of Christendom and Islam with the advance of the Ottoman empire.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins : 1. The Instruments of International Relations: Armies and Navies.
2. The Instruments of International Relations: Trade and Finance.
3. The Instruments of International Relations: Diplomats and Diplomacy.
4. The Birth of Valois-Habsburg Rivalry, 1494-1529.
5. The Empire of Charles V and its Enemies 1529-1559.
6. Spanish Power and Resistance to it 1559-1585.
7. Spanish Power Checked but Unbroken, 1585-1609.
8. Approach to Conflict, 1609-1618.
9. The Ottomans and Europe.
10. Eastern and Northern Europe: The Russian Advance.
- Data Publicarii : 1998
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 328
- ISBN : 9780582229440