In this study, Robert Tittler, an expert in Marian research, provides an important reappraisal of Mary's reign - often written off as a failure. He considers whether her reign can be so easily dismissed as an unproductive interruption of the Tudor dynasty, or whether Mary's reign played a more distinctive part in this period of history.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins : Part One: The Background.
1. The Apprenticeship of Mary Tudor.
2. The Condition of England.
Part Two: Analysis.
3. The Accession of Mary Tudor.
4. The Spanish Match.
5. Religion:The Catholic Restoration.
6. For and Against the Regime:The Battle of Words.
7. Economic and Social Issues.
8. Myths and Realities in Foreign Affairs.
Part three: Assessment:
9. The Efficacy of Marian. Government.
10. Mary's Reign in English History.
Part four:: Documents. Glossary. Bibliography. Index.
- Data Publicarii : 1991
- Editie : 2
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 128
- ISBN : 9780582061071