Tourism: A New Perspective sets out to introduce the subject of tourism, challenge conventional wisdom about it and address its 'problematique', particularly how tourism integrates within a global system of development and impact. Three themes underpin the book: sustainability, the north - south debate and the adoption of a holistic approach to this diverse subject. Intended for undergraduates and postgraduates studying how tourism impacts planning and development, and also students on geography, environment and planning, development studies and anthropology courses.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins :
- Supply and demand: The commoditisation of tourism
- Motivation, tourists' perspectives and marketing
- Globalisation, the North - South debate and tourism employment
- Commodities, culture and the division of labour
- Economic impacts of tourism
- Progress: fromt rice paddy to golf green - environmental issues and tourism
- Planning: retrospection, interventions and approaches
- Alternative and sustainable tourism development - the way forward?
- Data Publicarii : 1995
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 248
- ISBN : 9780131915527