Exceptionally comprehensive tutorial approach this introduction/guide/reference explores the full panorama of networked multimedia applications and the underlying computer and networking technology. It focuses specifically on the theory and applications of networked multimedia digital systems in terms of several basic questions: What is multimedia? What can be done with multimedia today and in the future? How can it be done? Why does it have to be done that way?
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins : 1. How to Use This Book
2. Frequently Asked Questions about Networked Multimedia
I. SETTING THE SCENE
3. What Is Multimedia?
4. Integrating Digital Information
5. Digital Text, Graphics, Images, Video, Animation, Sound
6. Introduction to the Enabling Technologies
7. Why Is Multimedia So Popular?
II. MULTIMEDIA APPLICATIONS
8. Taxonomy of Multimedia Applications
9. Audio-Video Inter-Personal Applications
10. Shared Workspace for CSCW
11. Audio-Video Distribution in CSCW
13. Multimedia Electronic Mail and Multimedia Document Transfer
14. Multimedia Server-Based Applications
16. World-Wide Web: Towards a Universal Information Hyperspace
17. Virtual Reality
III. NETWORKING REQUIREMENTS OF MULTIMEDIA APPLICATIONS
18. What Is Meant by Network?
19. Network Features and Performances
20. Networking Requirements of Audio and Motion Video
21. Other Requirements
IV. NETWORKING SOLUTIO
- Data Publicarii : 1996
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 656
- ISBN : 9780131909922