This text explores the connections between the past and the present, looks at the very different routes that European countries have taken to democracy, explores the role of parties and elections, and examines major policy concerns of the European states.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins :
Europe: the Changing Idea of a Continent.
I. A CENTURY OF CHANGE.1. Undemocratic and Undivided: Europe up to 1945.
2. Europe Twice Transformed since 1945.
II. DEMOCRATIZATION.3. Dynamics of Democratization in Europe.
4. The Constitution of Established Democracies.
5. Post-Communist Europe: The Need to Tame the State.
III. THE POLITICS OF REPRESENTATION.6. Mobilizing Popular Support.
7. Mobilizing Demobilized Voters in Post-Communist Societies.
8. From Representation to Government.
9. Leadership and Accountability.
IV. MAKING PUBLIC POLICIES.10. Giving Direction to Public Policy.
11. Public Policy and Welfare.
12. Getting By in Post-Communist Societies.
V. INCREASING INTERDEPENDENCE.13. Organizing Europe: From Interdependence to Union.
14. Europe in the World.
- Data Publicarii : 1996
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 530
- ISBN : 9780673980878