Brings together late-20th-century work on Byron by British and American scholars and critics, guiding undergraduate students and sixth-form pupils through the different ways in which new literary theory has enriched readings of Byron's work.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins : General Editors' Preface
1920s-1930s: humanism, formalism and literary history
1930s-1940s: formalist, moralist, and New Critical approaches
1950s-1960s: genre criticism, romantic mythologies, modernist readings
1960s-1970s: humanism, structuralism, Marxism
1970s-1980s: deconstruction and psychoanalytic approaches
1980s-1990s: new historicism, feminisms, queer theory, new formalisms
Organisation of critical readings
2. Jerome J. McGann, Lord Byron's Twin Opposites of Truth [Don Juan]
3. Daniel P. Watkins, The Dramas of Lord Byron: Manfred and Marino Faliero
4. Nigel Leask, Resolving "The Corsair": "Lara" and "The Island"
5. Caroline Franklin, 'Byron's Don Juan and the Woman Question'
6. Susan J. Wolfson, Cross-dressing and the Politics of Gender in Don Juan
7. Andrew Elfenbein, Bulwer Lytton, Disraeli and Byron's Homosexuality
8. Paul Elledge, Ending (in) Childe Harold's Pilgrimage 1 and 2
9. William H. Galperin, The P
- Data Publicarii : 30 Sep 1998
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback / softback
- Numar pagini : 248
- ISBN : 9780582303935