Draws on recent interpretations of the period to re-evaluate Charles I's reign. This work analyses the reign of Charles I against the background of his father's legacy and the problems he inherited. The study assesses Charles's own methods and style of government, suggesting that these were mainly to blame for the difficulties he encounted.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins : Part One The Background.
1. The Jacobean Legacy.
2. Charles's Apprenticeship.
Part Two: Analysis.
3. Parliament and War Funding.
4. Parliament, Buckingham and Bristol 1626.
5. The Forced Loan.
6. Parliament and a Kind of Reckoning.
Part Three: Assessment.
7. Government and Order.
8. The King's Finances.
9. Foreign Policy and the Navy.
10. Religion. The Challenge of Progress.
Part Four: Assessment.
11. The Trouble With Charles I.
- Data Publicarii : 1993
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 136
- ISBN : 9780582003545
DISPONIBILITATE INCERTĂ: Cere detalii