Internationally, there is increasing research and interest in the processes of the production and reception of texts for specific purposes and in the historical development of genres and registers within Languages for Specific Purposes (LSP), psycholinguistics, sociolinguistics, anthropology and the sociology of science. Studies of professional communication have traditionally been biased towards the written medium and have been carried out with little, if any, connection to LSP. Disciplinary boundaries and interest groupings have thus kept these different approaches to the study of professional communication and interaction separate. The editors of this volume unite these different perspectives and approaches and bring together recent research from linguistics, sociolinguistics, ethnography of communication, anthropology and sociology to provide an up-to-date analysis of different varieties of professional discourse and their historical development. Chapters written by leading exponents in the field deal with the core theoretical issue of how language, written genres and spoken discourse are constructed as a successive and continuous interplay between language and social realities. The volume includes chapters on the moral construction of discourse in the social care profession, the discourse of dispute negotiation, narrative accounts in clinical research, doctor-patient interaction, legal and other kinds of institutional discourse.A key text for students of applied linguistics and sociolinguistics at both advanced, undergraduate and MA levels.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins : Contributors. General editor's preface. Acknowledgement.
2. Speech, Writing and Performativity: Evolutionary View of the History of Constitutive Ritual.
3. Performatives Constituting Value: The Case of Patents.
4. Contracts as Social Action.
5. A Scientific Community and its Texts: a Historical Discourse Study.
6. On the Sociohistorical Construction of Scientific Discourse.
7. Parameters of Institutional Discourse.
8. Evaluation as Linguistic Structure and Social Practice.
9. Critical Discourse Analysis and the Study of Doctor-Patient Interaction.
10. Intertextuality and Interdiscursivity in the Discourse of Alternative Dispute Resolution.
11. The Interactional Construction of Narratives in Medical and Life History Interviews.
12. The Institutional
13. Narrative as Drama. Moral Construction in Social Work Discourse.
14. Contested Vision: The Discursive Constitution of Rodney King.
- Data Publicarii : 1997
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 344
- ISBN : 9780582259416
DISPONIBILITATE INCERTĂ: Cere detalii