John Hargreaves examines how the British, French, Belgian, Spanish and Portuguese colonies in tropical Africa became independent in the postwar years, and in doing so transformed the international landscape. African demands for independence and colonial plans for reform - central to the story - are seen here in the wider context of changing international relationships.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins : Introduction.
1. Conditions of Tranquillity in Black Africa.
2. Forces of Change in the 1930s.
3. War and the African Empires 1939 - 1945.
4. The Mobilization of African Discontents.
5. Colonial Reforms and Imperial Strategies.
6. Growing Hopes of Independence.
7. Recalculations in the 1950s.
8. The End of the Affair.
9. Retrospect, 1995.
Decolonization and Cold War: An Outline Chronology.
- Data Publicarii : 1996
- Editie : 2
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 320
- ISBN : 9780582249172
DISPONIBILITATE INCERTĂ: Cere detalii