For undergraduate/graduate-level courses in Medical Sociology.This reader offers a contemporary view of the organization and functioning of health care systems around the world.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins :
Introduction: Eugene B. Gallagher and Janardan Subedi.
I. CULTURE AND BIOMEDICINE.1. Gender and Health: Theoretical Versus Practical Accessibility of Health Care for Women in North India, Anuradha Kumar.
2. Japan's Health Care System: Western and East Asian Influences, James G. Anderson, Renee Oscarson, and Yan Yu.
3. Progress and Constraints of Nursing and Nursing Education in Islamic Societies, Nancy H. Bryant.
4. Dominance and Elitism: The Modern Health Care System in Nepal, Sree Subedi and Janardan Subedi.
5. Culture and Technology in Health Care, as Exemplified in Gulf Arab Medicine, Eugene B. Gallagher.
II. ETHNOMEDICINE.6. The Case of Hannah Azulai, Illustrating the Confluence of Western and Folk Medicine in an Israeli Immigrant Community, Ofra Greenberg.
7. Ethnomedicine in the Context of Health Care Delivery in Ghana, Kodjo A. Senah.
III. SOCIOPOLITICAL AND REGIONAL DIMENSIONS.8. Developmen
- Data Publicarii : 1995
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 352
- ISBN : 9780133150780
DISPONIBILITATE INCERTĂ: Cere detalii