This work is an exploration of the relationships of the constituent parts of Great Britain, to understand how England, Wales, and Scotland have interacted and influenced each other, and how the modern British policy and its distinctive institutions have emerged amongst them.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins : Prologue.
1. The Ingredients Assembled.
2. The Framework Established.
PART ONE GREAT BRITAIN - CREATION, CRISIS, CONSOLIDATION C. 1500-C.1750.
3. Designs and Accidents: Making Great Britain.
4. Precedence and Rights: The British Body Politic c. 1500-c. 1700.
5. Truth, Uniformity and Toleration: Making a British Compromise? c. 1500-c. 1750.
6. New World Power: A British Vision? c. 1500-c.1750.
PART TWO GREAT BRITAIN - WORLD POWER C. 1745-c.1945.
7. Preservation and Progress: Representing the People c. 1745-c.1945.
8. Preservation and Progress: Representing the People c1845-c. 1945.
9. Pax Britannica: Domination and Decline: Empire and Europe c 1745-c. 1945.
10. Churches and Chapels: Believing in Britain c. 1745-c.1945.
11. Communities and Countries: Believing in Britain c. 1745-c.1945.
12. Fragile Bearings 1945-.
13. Losing (Domestic) Bearings 1945-.
- Data Publicarii : 24 Nov 1997
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 392
- ISBN : 9780582031197
DISPONIBILITATE INCERTĂ: Cere detalii