Typically for third year college courses in Machine Design, Design of Machine Elements, and Mechanical Design in Engineering and Engineering Technology programs.This book provides a practical approach to designing machine elements in the context of complete mechanical design. This edition retains many features of the previous edition-exceptional organization, readability, practical approach, sound technical content, extensive appendix, design procedures, example problems, use of computer aids, and use of many examples from commercially available products and systems-yet, has been extensively updated to include new photographs; new design data for some elements; new or revised standards; new end-of-chapter references; listing of internet sites; and some completely new elements.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins : (NOTE: Each chapter begins with The Big Picture, You Are the Designer, Objectives, and concludes with References and Internet Sites and Problems.)
I. PRINCIPLES OF DESIGN AND STRESS ANALYSIS.1. The Nature of Mechanical Design.
2. Materials in Mechanical Design.
3. Stress and Deformation Analysis.
4. Combined Stresses and Mohr's Circle
5. Design for Different Types of Loading.
II. DESIGN OF A MECHANICAL DRIVE.7. Belt Drives and Chain Drives.
8. Kinematics of Gears.
9. Spur Gear Design.
10.Helical Gears, Bevel Gears, and Wormgearing.
11. Keys, Couplings, and Seals.
12. Shaft Design.
13. Tolerances and Fits.
14. Rolling Contact Bearings.
15. Completion of the Design of a Power Transmission.
III. DESIGN DETAILS AND OTHER MACHINE ELEMENTS.16. Plain Surface Bearings.
17. Linear Motion Elements.
20. Machine Frames, Bolted Connec
- Data Publicarii : 2004
- Editie : 4
- Format : Mixed media product
- Numar pagini : 944
- ISBN : 9780131911291