The outlines of contemporary critical theory are now often taught as a standard feature of a degree in literary studies. This text aims to explore the theoretical issues and conflicts embodied in selected poems of Percy Shelley and locate areas of disagreement between positions.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins : General Editors' Preface.
1. Introduction, New Criticism, TS Eliot, FR Leavis. After New Criticism- Bloom, Wasserman and others. Structuralism, deconstruction, post-structuralism. i. The text. ii The reader. iii Related approaches. Idealocical critique, new historicism, contextualism.
2. Timothy Clark, Destructive Creativity- Alastor (1815).
3. Frances Ferguson, Shelley's Mont Blanc- What the Mountain Said.
4. Kelvin Everest, Shelley's Doubles- an approach to 'Julian and Maddalo'.
5. Jerold E Hogle, Unchaining Mythography - Prometheus Unbound.
6. Isobel Armstrong, Shelley;s Perplexity [Prometheus Unbound]
7. William Ulmer, The Politics of Reception [The Cenci].
8. Stephen C Behrendt, The Exoteric Political Poems.
9. Ronald Tetreault, The Dramatic Lyric ['Ode to the West Wind']
- Data Publicarii : 21 Jun 1993
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 304
- ISBN : 9780582086678
DISPONIBILITATE INCERTĂ: Cere detalii