For courses in social stratification, the American class system, and class, race, and gender inequality.This text provides a comprehensive analysis of social stratification using both Marxian and liberal perspectives. The Second Edition has been updated and rewritten throughout to reflect the latest information and theories and to make them accessible to students.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins :
I. SOCIOLOGY AND THE STUDY OF SOCIAL STRATIFICATION.1. An Introduction to Stratification Analysis.
2. Stratification Through History.
3. Stratification Among Societies.
4. Theories of Social Stratification.
5. Creative Advances in Stratification Analysis: Functional and Conflict Perspectives.
II. THE AMERICAN CLASS SYSTEM.6. Economic Classes, I: The American Occupational Hierarchy.
7. Economic Classes, II: The Interplay of Wealth, Income, Poverty, Education, and Occupational Power.
8. Class, Marriage, Family, Personality, and Physical and Mental Health.
9. Class and Education.
10. The Legitimation of Class Inequality: America's Hegemonic Culture.
11. The Prestige Dimension: How Americans Regard Themselves.
12. Class and Style of Life: Consumption.
13. Class and How Americans Associate: The Structure of Prestige Groups.
14. The Dimension of Power: Class, Political Participation, and Access
- Data Publicarii : 1997
- Editie : 2
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 524
- ISBN : 9780131925359
DISPONIBILITATE INCERTĂ: Cere detalii