Appropriate for courses in 20th Century European History.This is a survey that provides a clear account of the social dimensions of broad political and economic changes in twentieth-century Europe and of key issues such as nationalism, state-building, and dictatorship. It gives comprehensive treatment to the whole of Europe, including small states often overlooked in survey texts.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins :
1. Europe in 1900.
2. Before the Deluge: Europe from 1890 to 1914.
3. The First World War, 1914-1918.
4. The Unstable Peace, 1918-1923.
5. Attempts at Normalization, 1923-1929.
6. The Depression Era, 1929-1934.
7. The European Dictatorships, 1934-1939.
8. The Second World War, 1939-1945.
9. The First Postwar Decade, 1945-1955.
10. Prosperity and Change, 1953-1970.
11. Challenge and Decline, 1970-1985.
12. Europe and the Post-Communist Era, 1985-1995.
Suggestions for Further Reading.
- Data Publicarii : 1996
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 537
- ISBN : 9780131038219
DISPONIBILITATE INCERTĂ: Cere detalii