The American Civil War was the bloodiest war of the 19th century and its impact continues to be felt today. It, and its origins, have been extensively studied, yet it remains a controversial subject. Based on primary research, this book contributes to the ongoing historical debate.
- Limba : Engleza
- Cuprins : Introduction.
1. An American Experiment in Democracy.
2. The South and Its Peculiar Institution.
3. Sectional Tensions Resolved, 1840-50.
4. Sectional Tensions Unresolved, 1850-58.
5. Anticipations of War, 1858-60.
6. The Year of Decision: 1860.
7.The Secession Crisis: Southern Challenges, Northern Responses.
8. The Final Crisis: Fort Sumter.
9. The Origins of a Punitive Civil War: Why Did the War Not Spread?
- Data Publicarii : 13 Aug 1996
- Editie : 1
- Format : Paperback
- Numar pagini : 456
- ISBN : 9780582491786